Colorado City is a city in and the County Seat of Mitchell County, Texas, USA. Colorado City is situated along the Colorado River to the west and Lone Wolf Creek to the east. It has been called the “Mother City of West Texas” for its early origin as a ranger camp in 1877 and for its prominence as a cattlemen’s center.
The town acquired a railway station and post office in 1881 and was named the county seat. In the early 1880’s it was a center for cattle shipment, with herds driven to Colorado City and loaded onto trains for shipment to the eastern markets. The most common foreign languages in Colorado City, TX are Spanish, Other Slavic and German. Over 25% of the people in Colorado City, TX speak a non-English language.